Halloween was duly celebrated in my house, but I was never a huge fan. I liked it, don’t get me wrong, but I didn’t live for Halloween. After about sixth grade, it got dull, and I stopped after 8th grade.
But I did have some fun costumes. The few that I remember:
- A witch (avec mask)
- Little Red Riding Hood—my mom made the cape. I had a red dress w/ a fluffy underskirt (a Christmas dress), white tights, and red shoes. And a basket.
- Cinderella, before the Fairy Godmother shows up. This was the year my Aunt Patty got married. I was her flower girl, and the dress was just like the one the mice made Cinderella—two shades of pink, with similar draping. I did not have blue beads, however. And no one tried to rip my dress to shreds. 🙂
- Laura Ingalls, although, as a blonde, I should’ve been Mary, but I never really liked her. My aunt made me a pink dress with matching bonnet.
- A Cowgirl—ruffled yoke shirt, denim skirt, white tights, and red cowgirl boots. I had the hat slung over my back.
- A cheerleader. I had (another )aunt who was a cheerleader in junior high, so I used her cheerleading letter, sewn on a red sweater, and wore that and a plaid skirt. I can’t remember if I had pompoms or not. (A benefit to having a lot of aunts—lots of costume ideas)
Of course I love wearing costumes now, when I’m in shows—but I’m still not good at rustling up my own.
LOVE this part of the movie. 🙂 Love this whole movie, actually.
Lilo, why are you all wet?
What’s your favorite movie to watch on Halloween?
Might have to watch this tonight. 🙂
My best Halloween purchase ever. 🙂
Over at CPG.
(Yes, you can imagine I’m not all about this “holiday.”)