Holy Week and Easter notes and sundries
- Hope you all had a wonderful Easter! Mine consisted of 10:30 Mass and lunch at the local Buca di Beppo with my parents and my siblings and their significant others. There was much Italian food eaten and many leftovers brought home.
- It finally warmed up over the past few days and we’ve had sun and spring temps. Welcome Spring.
- Go back and read the Easter Gospel, and notice how many times John says he beat Peter to the tomb. We get it, John. You da man. You are faster than Peter. Everyone for thousands of years can rejoice in that. 🙂
- I love my parish, but I don’t think I can go there for Good Friday anymore, because they chant the Passion and it makes me absolutely insane. It shouldn’t take six notes to say “Who”. Really? Maybe it’s because I’m fasting, but I’m hungry, I’m cranky, let’s go. I had an appointment with my dermatologist (every six months, Oh Joy, since we transplant folk are at a much higher risk for skin cancer than the normal population) so I didn’t get to stay for the whole thing. But the chanted Passion is like nails down the back of my spine. Uggggggh.
- I went shopping for a bit with my parents last night and got two birthday gifts: A Vera Bradley case for my iPad mini and one of their cosmetic bags for packing purposes for the upcoming Florida Adventure. Good thing we’re taking the car. I have so much stuff I need to bring with me that the carryon is always bulging full of meds and another medical materials. It’s definitely easier than pre-transplant, but it’s still more stuff than the Average Bear travels with when they fly.
- Saturday was the anniversary of the premiere of Fraggle Rock, so I had this in my head all day:
(not that Fraggles are EVER a bad thing…)
- This week: Ballet class, and cleaning, and the cable guy coming….nothing major on the schedule. My birthday is next Tuesday so we will verily rejoice then. 🙂
- As far as this week’s food: I’ve got it scribbled out here, but I do need to revamp my veggies and fruits for the upcoming week, because they are basically gone.
- I am reading the first Game of Thrones book, and I have to admit, I’m liking it more than I thought I would. Normally “adult” fantasy makes me lift my eyebrows and go “really, folks?” but this is good stuff thus far.
- My easter dress–I’ll have to post a picture later–was a lavender colored one from Boden with a white dot pattern that matched my pearl necklace pretty well. 🙂 I wore that with a cardigan and black patent-leather heels. Doesn’t matter how old I get–I want a new dress for Christmas and Easter. 🙂 There were some girls at church today with their Easter Hats, which is always excellent.